GoSelectSelectSelectCloseLoadingEmailFacebookLinkedInSearchMouseAdjustTwitterYouTube Skip to main content
Historic Murray Building
Historic Murray Building Lobby
Murray Building Office Space
Murray Building Wall

Historic Landmark Building Gains New Life as Multi-Use Facility

The Murray Building is a historic landmark located in the National Register Warehouse District in downtown Peoria. The existing building is a 1930’s four-story concrete structure with approximately 20,000 square feet per floor. Each of these floors were remodeled to accommodate the following tenant spaces:

  • Ground floor – 3 empty tenant spaces and 1 new tenant space for the owner
  • Second floor – commercial lease space for Farnsworth Group’s Peoria office
  • Third and fourth floors – residential units (mix of 1–3 bedroom units with 15 units per floor)
  • Fifth floor – community room with large terrace facing the Illinois River

The project required the following renovations be made, all with the review and approval of the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency:

  • Demolish and infill existing stairs and elevators
  • Create new code compliant stairs and elevator in the central core of the building
  • Replace existing windows
  • Add new window openings in masonry exterior walls
  • Replace electrical service, distribution, wiring and fixtures
  • Replace heating and cooling systems
  • Replace plumbing and sprinkler systems