Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diffrences through the exchange of ideas, thoughts and beliefs that make us better together.
Farnsworth Group's drive for excellence in designing the built environment is fueled by the passion, performance and diversity of our employees and design teams. We have all been witness to instances of inequality and unfairness, whether in our personal lives or that we see in our communities. While we may not have all the answers, we are passionate about being part of the solution. Led by our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy, we are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion in our communities, organization and profession. Celebrating all of our differences make us better.
COMMITMENT TO FAIRNESS /
I’m very proud of Farnsworth Group and the work we do to advance our communities. Building a diverse workforce and creating an environment that nurtures equity and fairness makes us a better company.
We all bring diverse perspectives; we all have our own thoughts, experiences, beliefs and backgrounds. Celebrating our differences makes us better and produces better results for our clients.
We view and approach our work and relationships through the prism of fairness, equity and equality. We are proud that "Fairness" represents the cornerstone of our four core values, and apply it in our deeds and actions with clients, co-workers and associates. We know the value that fairness offers, and how it empowers our people and leads to better solutions for our clients.
OUR DIVERSITY MAKES US BETTER /
Our diversity makes us a better Company. Our teams serve clients better by encouraging the exchange of thoughts, ideas, perspectives and solutions based on the richness of their experiences and beliefs. We believe this leads to enhanced capabilities for the clients we serve, the projects we work on, and the communities we live in.
Words + ACTIONS /
It's important we speak up for diversity, equity and inclusion, but we also know that our actions can speak louder than words. We're taking action to make a positive impact in the following ways:
- Adoption of a formal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy approved by the Company’s Board of Directors that charts the course, actions and goals of the Company’s DEI program and progress.
- An active and engaged Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee council that meets regularly to further develop and champion companywide diversity policies, programs, goals and initiatives.
- Expanded efforts to recruit and hire the very best and most highly qualified candidates in our industry with specific outreach to students of diversity.
- Promoting and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion in our profession by maintaining and cultivating a network of diverse teaming partners and suppliers that complement our skillsets and enrich our project teams.
- Mentoring smaller, disadvantaged firms to enable them to grow, prosper and achieve success.
- Supporting organizations such as Big Brothers/Big Sisters, the Boys and Girls Clubs, Junior Achievement and other national leadership programs.
- Encouraging employees to participate in the organizations and social impact agencies that make our communities better.
- Hosting STEM camps to introduce students to the amazing world of science, technology, engineering and architecture, and the impact those careers can have on our world.