Pop-A-Shot is the original electronic arcade basketball company dating back to 1981 in Salina, Kansas. The current owner relocated the business to a historic warehouse building in Peoria, Illinois. The two-story warehouse building was constructed in 1920 used to manufacturer furnace pipe and fittings.
The renovation comprises of an upper level open office, arcade basketball display area, and private offices and conference room. The lower level houses shipping operations for custom units. Historic preservation services also included masonry restoration, and historic replica roof, heavy timber structure, and window replacements.
The design concept is to leave as much of the original building exposed to view from the upper level open office area and through glass storefronts into private offices and a large conference room. A new feature wall creates the backdrop to the open area and will display Pop-A-Shot and competitor units for “testing” purposes. Other amenities include an open stair adjacent to the main entrance connecting to the basement, a staff lounge, and kitchenette.
Lighting and a large high-volume, low-velocity fan was selected for their industrial aesthetic. The lower level houses printing and shipping operations for custom backboard units.