Building Envelope Commissioning
Be it complex curtain wall systems or basic windows, insulated metal wall panels or brick cavity walls, 2-ply cold-adhesive modified bitumen roofing or your average nailed 3-tab asphalt shingles, Farnsworth Group’s building enclosure commissioning (BECx) group understands the intricacies of these systems, and how they interact with one another. We can provide the Owner and the Design Team the information to make the best and most well-educated decisions.
At Farnsworth Group, we use an integrated commissioning approach that incorporates the expertise of our design, construction, facilities and sustainability experts. We are champions of each project, big or small, and strive to represent the best interests of the Owner to ensure their investment and facility requirements are achieved.
Farnsworth Group not only uses the key industry standards (ASHRAE, NIBS) in its building enclosure commissioning process, but also ASTM E2813 – “Standard Practice of Building Enclosure Commissioning.” Adding this standard to the building enclosure commissioning process and incorporating into the contract documents provides definition and clarity of intent for the project team. The standard also allows the design professional and owner flexibility to target specific systems of interest based on the level of risk mitigation desired for the project. Our portfolio of repeat clients speaks to the quality of both the services and the value that we bring, through building enclosure commissioning, to our clients’ building programs.
- Building Enclosure Commissioning
- Retro Commissioning (reroofing, window replacement, façade replacement)
- Building Enclosure Development and Design
- Building Enclosure Asset Management
- Condition Assessment Surveys
- Budgeting and Capital Planning
- Building Enclosure Consulting
/ For more information regarding asset management, contact mwolf [at] f-w.com (Mike Wolf, PE, CxA, LEED AP.)
- View ProjectBuilding Envelope Commissioning Commissioning Municipal
Will County, IL, Justice Center Cx
- View ProjectBuilding Envelope Commissioning Commissioning Higher Education
Renovation to Add 5,000 SF of New Building Space
- View ProjectAsset Management Building Envelope Commissioning Municipal
Town of Normal, IL, Roofing Assessments