ACEC-MO Selects Echo Bluff State Park for Honor Award
St. Louis, MO...Farnsworth Group was presented with an Honor Award for Engineering Excellence through the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) of Missouri for its work on Echo Bluff State Park.
Farnsworth Group project managers Bob Polk and Micki Hansel, along with Michael Qutami from the Missouri Office of Administration, attended the ceremony to accept the award.
Located on 458 acres in the heart of the Missouri Ozarks, this new state park is currently the newest park in the Missouri State Parks System. Farnsworth Group provided a leading role from the Master Planning Stage through Construction Documents and into Construction Administration of the project.
Farnsworth Group completed the following park areas:
- Development of the roads and bridges for circulation,
- Design of the site infrastructure systems including the water, power, sanitary, and stormwater,
- A bluff top stone Ozark style pavilion located on top of the limestone cliffs overlooking the Sinking Creek Valley,
- 60 RV camp sites along with walk-in primitive camp sites,
- The core area of the park which includes a 25 room rustic lodge, (1) 4 bedroom cabin, (4) 2 bedroom cabins, and (4) stacked duplex cabins. All sighted to take advantage of the views to the Sinking Creek limestone bluffs,
- The Day Use Area which includes an amphitheater, pavilions, toilet facilities, and outdoor recreation areas, and
- Development of a native planting palette and design for only plants that are currently native to the site.
- Click here to learn more about Echo Bluff State Park.