Echo Bluff State Park Opens to the Public
Eminence, Missouri ... Missouri Governor Jay Nixon officially opened Echo Bluff State Park, Missouri's 88th and first new state park in 75 years, to the public on July 30.
Farnsworth Group was the lead architecture/engineering firm on the project, located in the heart of the Ozarks. The 460-acre park features a contemporary rustic lodge, cabins with views of Echo Bluff, campsites, RV hookups and hiking/biking trails. Farnsworth Group provided a leading role from the Master Planning Stage through Construction Documents and into Construction Administration of the project.
Key areas of the park include:
- Development of the roads and bridges for circulation,
- Design of the site infrastructure systems including the water, power, sanitary, and stormwater,
- A bluff top stone Ozark style pavilion located on top of the limestone cliffs overlooking the Sinking Creek Valley,
- 60 RV camp sites along with walk-in primitive camp sites,
- The core area of the park which includes a 25 room rustic lodge, (1) 4 bedroom cabin, (4) 2 bedroom cabins, and (4) stacked duplex cabins. All sighted to take advantage of the views to the Sinking Creek limestone bluffs,
- The Day Use Area which includes an amphitheater, pavilions, toilet facilities, and outdoor recreation areas, and
- Development of a native planting palette and design for only plants that are currently native to the site.
Click here to learn more about Echo Bluff State Park.